Thursday, August 19, 2010

Artist Interview: Matthew Hunt


Matt Hunt's ink drawing "Wolf Dog" won first place for best in show at our last art show/contest!


Interview with the Artist:


Q: What inspired you to draw this piece?

Matt Hunt: A representation of my family, each piece symbolizes a different member of my family. Thus the tree is like a family tree.


Q: Who are your greatest influences artistically?

Matt Hunt: Jose Orosco because there is so much detail in all of his work, and there is so much going on, it always catches the viewers eye.


Q: How long have you been doing art?

Matt Hunt: Since I was ten, I was drawing the Tick cartoons and mimicking them, my mom was very supportive and people at school would say nice things and notice, this is how I realized I had a gift.


Q: What’s your favorite genre of art?

Matt Hunt: Surrealism


Q: What methods of editing do you prefer to use?

Matt Hunt: Paint over my mistakes!


Q: Do you have a favorite model in town?

Matt Hunt: I don’t know any of their names, I draw figure art for school often and I like drawing girls with lots of curves.


Q: Tell us about your latest series or projects.

Matt Hunt: Working on an unannounced comic book and working on things involving organic things interacting with inorganic things.


Q: Do you like books, or have a favorite author?


Matt Hunt: Yes, I like Chuck Palahniuk's newer stuff, I like the 50s and 60s Sci Fi and Fantasy, I think the cover art from that time period is incredibly inspiring.




Contact Bent Cover Books for more info on Matthew Hunt and see his newest work at our next art show on September 25th!


No comments:

Post a Comment